Re: {Disarmed} RE: [OT] TalkTalk Broadband - WTF?

  • Subject: Re: {Disarmed} RE: [OT] TalkTalk Broadband - WTF?
  • From: "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 14:53:14 -0000

In the interest of balance I'd have to say that I switched to TT from
F2S and have been pretty happy with the service - also its about 1/4 of the
cost of BT & F2S.  Its faster and more stable than F2s, and more
importantly their support forum is read by their support engineers - you
can ask them to change settings/speeds on you line and they are happy to
oblige - no long phone calls holding for an agent.  I have something screwy
with something somewhere in the wiring as noise levels go right up when the
phone is off hook.  I couldn't track it down but they were happy to jack up
my speed so I get the fastest/most stable connection.  I'm currently at
2.3Mb/S which while it doesn't pull up any trees its a lot better than I
had in the past.

FWIW I'd love cable - I'd sign up today, but it doesn't look like any more
wires are being laid, so its restricted to a very tight geographical range.
 Anyone got any ideas when Fibre to cabinet is scheduled for?  Knowing
where I live (Daventry) it won't be for years after the rest of the world
have it - we still have no freeview or Ch5 and no scheduled upgrade until
2011 - I suppose we all have our crosses to bear.

HNY everyone.

Tim.