Re: [OT] Vista Wifi wierdness

Hi Keith - happy new year mate.

To be completely honest about this, the best thing you can do is get off of
Vista as quick as you can.

I found Vista to be largely okay (I had a good hardware combination), but
it's been night and day with Windows 7.

I have three machines on Win 7 that I use regularly - my little netbook,
which moves from network to network trivially, my main desktop, and the
office PC.

I have had less problems across the board since moving across - including a
quite complex set of configs: I use an 802.11a and 802.11g network in the
same building, one for connection to an open internet access, one for the
corporate lan, and it just works.

It seems that even microsoft have confirmed that, really, vista was a
mistake... the good news is that it's not a mistake that they have
repeated. Win7 is better polished right now than XP SP3, and better than
Vista will ever be.

Ian.