Re: [OT] TalkTalk Broadband - WTF?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] TalkTalk Broadband - WTF?
  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 23:22:09 -0000

I'm stuck with ADSL and although our house is only 10 years old I'm
stuck about 1.5 miles from the exchange.

The biggest problem with ADSL is that it is using infrastructure that was
never designed to take high bandwidth data. The BT network is a telephone
network, hell in the 70's parts of it were using aluminium cable rather
than copper. Cable was designed to deliver data in the form of TV which is
much more demanding than voice. For those of us reliant on BT then we'll
have to wait for Fibre to the Cabinet for the next significant leap in
performance.

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> IMO I'd rather have a slower service that's a consistent speed than a
fast
> service that varies wildly depending on the time of day ...
>
> My preference is for cable - had a fantastic reliable and fast
connection
> with them. ADSL seems a half-baked solution in comparison.
>
> Phil

interested in
> > > their

> > > distance