Re: Sky - Anyone know...

  • Subject: Re: Sky - Anyone know...
  • From: "paul_watkin" <paul.watkin33@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 17:19:32 -0000

I bought an HD Box off ebay and just rang up sky customer services to
pair the existing vieiwing card to the box, they set the two up no problem,
didn't even question what I was doing or try and sell me something - As
with all things Sky customer service it just depends whether the person
picking up the phone is an idiotic jobsworth or has a brain!

My only challenge was trying to explain things to customer services when I
ordered an HD box and a subscription direct from sky as part of their
digital upgrade stuff.

You  may find that due to the offers at the minute it may be cheaper to
take out an HD sub (even though you won't use it) and get the free box free
fitting etc than pay for a box via another source unless you already have
one!

cheers

Paul