Re: Re: Advice on AVCHD video editing?

Just as a quick 'to try' - have you just tried to rename the files as
a .avi?

Silly as it sounds, I had to do some work for someone that had a JVC
camera to which nothing knew of the file extentions it was using. As a
quick test I just gave the renaming as a test and low and behold it
worked!

Worth a quick go I guess :-)
Wayne.

Sent from my iPod

wrote:

>>> I have a bunch of .MTS files from my HD camcorder sitting on
my
>>> PC. I can
>>> play any of them no problem right in Media Player on Windows
7,
>>> but I'd like
>>> to do some (very) basic editing of them... pretty much limited
>>> joining
>>> multiple files together, cutting out unwanted bits, maybe some
basic
>>> transitions at the joins, and possibly plonking some titles at
the
>>> beginning....
>>>
>>> I have no need to convert them into any other format, I don't
want
>>> to burn
>>> them to DVD or BluRay, or share them with anyone, - they're
just
>>> going to
>>> sit on my Win7-based mediacenter PC.
>>>
>>> I'm not particularly heavily "in" to this sort of
thing, so any
>>> software
>>> really does have to be noddy-simple, easy to use, and
low-cost.
>>> (Ideally
>>> "UKHA price" ). It would be particularly good if I
could get a