RE: Which unlimited broadband?

Phil
Can you post a link to that "obscure page" please?
I am on unlimited O2 on a rural Isle of Wight
exchange with only 400 subscribers.  O2, Orange,
TalkTalk  and maybe others resell BT "service".
Ranges between 5400kb/s and 50kb/s. I have been
using the Jack Dinn speed check since Mark
mentioned it before Christmas. Weekends are worst
(unsurprisingly). When reselling BT (ie no
unbundling) does the contention ratio change from
seller to seller. Planning to complain to
O2...Sonos stops and VOIP is hopeless, but
question is can anyone else do better. Option of
a "business connection" ie no contention is an
expensive alternative. Any thoughts?
Rgds
Peter
At 22:35 07/02/2010, you wrote:

>*chuckle* I have the opposite problem - postcode/line checker says I
should
>get 4.5mbits but I actually get about 450-500kbits ... I've tried
reporting
>it as a fault to BT but they've just referred me back to some obscure
page
>which states that for a supposedly 8mbit line anything over 400kbits is
>deemed "acceptable"...
>
>Phil

AH
> > home page!!
> >
> > So...previously I was with Andrews and Arnold which whilst
perfect
> > service wise were pretty expensive, so has anyone got a
recommendation