Re: Advice on AVCHD video editing?

Could try the windows 7 live movie maker (additional download).
This does all the basic stuff you'll need, and can save back out as variety
of HD formats including 1080p.
Make sure you set the 'hidden' screen aspect setting in the view menu as it
won't detect widescreen footage by default.

Cheers,
-Dan

On 8 February 2010 06:56, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a bunch of .MTS files from my HD camcorder sitting on my PC. I
can
> play any of them no problem right in Media Player on Windows 7, but
I'd like
> to do some (very) basic editing of them... pretty much limited to
joining
> multiple files together, cutting out unwanted bits, maybe some basic
> transitions at the joins, and possibly plonking some titles at the
> beginning....
>
> I have no need to convert them into any other format, I don't want to
burn
> them to DVD or BluRay, or share them with anyone, - they're just going
> sit on my Win7-based mediacenter PC.
>
> I'm not particularly heavily "in" to this sort of thing, so
any software
> really does have to be noddy-simple, easy to use, and low-cost.
(Ideally
> "UKHA price" ). It would be particularly good if I could get
a trial to play
> with beforehand too...
>
> Anyone got any recommendations for simple AVCHD video editing software
> should try?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul G.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums