[ADVERT] Free Stuff :-)

I'm having an early spring clear-out and have the following to offer.
All items are free but you must come and pick up from the Hindhead
area of Surrey (can arrange a meet-up reasonably local though, so
Woking, Farnborough, Guildford, Leatherhead, Liphook, etc.).

I can do pictures if needed, and any questions please send OFF LIST.
If no takers then they'll go onto freecycle at the end of the week.

Happy browsing :-)

Tim.

-----

Compaq Prolinea 5100M + monitor
A computer base unit on offer, but please read the following before
asking for it.
This is an OLD computer - a Pentium 90 I think. If you're intending to
run Windows 2000/XP/Vista then forget it, it's *way* too old for
that!!
It has Windows 3.11 installed and has never been connected to the
internet. It has no USB ports and no optical (CD/DVD) drive. Query
network card??
I wouldn't recommend this for someone starting out with PCs but it
might be good as a basis of a file server with Linux (or FreeNAS run
from a floppy disk) and a hard drive controller card etc.
It's never really been used so is in excellent condition and very clean.
Comes with keyboard, mouse & 15"" monitor included - all to
go as one lot.

Toshiba 3200M Computer
Received from another freecycler for parts but now surplus to requirements.
It has NO hard drive or operating system.
It's a Pentium III machine with 128MB RAM & 1x DVD ROM & 1x CD
drive,
USB, network & dial-up modem.
A very tidy little machine :-)
No monitor/keyboard/mouse included.

Computer tower case, stripped
A full-size tower case largely stripped of parts. I received this from
another freecycler for a project but never got around to it.
It has 4 external / 5=BC"" drive bays, a number (6/7?) of
internal 3=BD""
drive bays and two front USB ports.
Included is an AMD-based motherboard (xxxx) but this is believed to be
FAUL=
TY.
Also included are various cables and a floppy drive (condition unknown).
There is no hard drive or power supply.

Sony VTX-100 Analogue TV Tuner =96 Working
A standalone tuner for TVs, like an older, larger version of a modern
Freeview box.
Note that this is an ANALOGUE tuner and will not receive Freeview channels.
It worked last time I used it so I assume it is UK PAL.
Other than that I=92ve got very little information on it, and no manual.
I don=92t have the IR remote either.
It was rescued from a company boardroom system and while originally
was IR-controlled, the sensor has been replaced with a DIN plug on a
fly lead out the back so is now a wired system. The UK 3-pin plug has
also been replaced with a kettle-type socket (now requires a regular
PC power lead to feed it).
Video-out is composite via BNC and what appears to be S-video on
=93full-size=94 DIN. The unit also outputs stereo audio and has a
headphone socket.
The unit is in good cosmetic condition, from a smoke-free home etc."

Toshiba VideoPlus VCR =96 FAULTY
Was never the same after a power cut / brown-out. It can't seem to
hold the picture properly so maybe still repairable? Remote included
if I can find it.

3 computer keyboards - In computer "beige". Two with PS/2
connectors,
one with an AT connector.
3x serial mice: Two complete and one missing the ball and hole cover.
1x PS/2: Beige IBM two-button wheel mouse, as-new.

A/B switch boxThe type of thing used to share a printer between two
compute=
rs.
Two 25-way D connector inputs and one 25-way D connector output.
Blue/black. Don't know if its serial or parallel.

Windows 95 OS CDs
10x sealed CDs for intallation of Windows 95.

Commercial ceiling lights
Normally found in offices these are about 2ft square with 4 short
fluoro tubes inside and intended to be recessed into a false ceiling.
No idea whether they work - yet another ""project""
I've not got
around to sorting=85
They don't include the front grilles so maybe useful as loft lights?
(that's where I was going to put them)

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums