From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Darren Karp
Sent: Wednesday, 29 December 2010 1:05 p.m.
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Converting Cat 5 to TV Coax and TV distribution amp
advice needed

Cheers Richard. I'm down to Ch. 21 which is as low as I can go. You're
talking about a powered amp right?

From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
] On Behalf
Of
Richard (lists account)
Sent: 28 December 2010 23:29
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
advice needed

You need an amp.

RF outs on things are made really only to support really old tvs, and the
levels are weak to minimize problems with the signal re-radiating back into
antenna systems etc. Or a proper modulator that will go to 100+ dBuV output
levels and then split that.

Sometimes the second out is a little stronger, but not enough to be split
and sent thru long cables without help. And your cables are certainly not
going to be helping.

I would suggest you try the lowest RF output channel available to you
before
getting an amp tho as the lower losses may be enough to get it working
better.