Re: Like an Ipad

We've got a couple of the viewsonics at work for evaluation for an
internal project - seems a good little unit but not as slick as the iPad.

Phil

Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

On 27 Dec 2010, at 13:34, "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Happy Christmass guys - now the turkey is over its time to start
thinking about swapping those ties, socks etc. for something we really
want.

> I played with an Ipad the other day and have to say I really liked it,
and wouldn't mind one if it didn't contravene one of my ten commandments
(never buy a Mac, always have 4 copies of important (and trivial) data,
never buy a thatched house, never live in in a house on a floodplain etc.)
So without wishing to start WWIII over The Federation vs the Rebel Forces
has anyone looked at the Viewsonic Viewpad 10 or similar as an alternative?
 I also saw a small Samsung tablet which looked great but AFAIK is only
available as 7".  I particularly like the W7/Android duality of the
Viewsonic.