[OT] Great service... lastpass

Hi guys,

hopefully this is of some use - the recent gawker password hack brought it
home to me that using a 'disposable' easy password for a lot of sites
wasn't a particularly good idea - but at the same time, having a good high
entropy password for every site was a bit of a pain.

I have been using the 'lastpass' service, and it seems to fit the bill
nicely. It allows you to generate a pseudo-random password for each site,
and 'unlock' them all with a single strong master password.

There are plugins for each of the major browsers, and it seems to have all
the 'nice' features you would expect are there - you have a 'vault' website
you can go to to retrieve an individual password if you are not at your
home PC, there's a USB device based mode as well.

No financial connection, just a happy user.

Ian.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums