Any recommendations to convert a usb based HD webcam wireless ?

  • Subject: Any recommendations to convert a usb based HD webcam wireless ?
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 14:18:12 -0000

Hi,

I keep meaning to have a webcam mounted above my plasma so that I can have
Skype Video conversations with my family via my HTPC.

I want to make it a TV experience more than a standard PC one and as child
friendly as possible.

Despite my pre-planning and channelling work, I did no forsee the need to
prewire USB connectivity behind my TV.

Is there any device that can handle transmit a standard HD webcam (USB
based) in a wireless manner ?

Of the wireless devices out there (predominantly Belkin) I think, my
understanding is that these support Printers and Hard drives, but not Web
Cams. I'm happy to have a wireless USB receiver connected to my PC. I just
need to know what type of sender device from the webcam would be.

My preference is to use a USB cam rather than a wireless one typically used
for CCTV.

Is there anything out there ?

Thanks

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums