Re: OT: Golf website - dodgy ??

  • Subject: Re: OT: Golf website - dodgy ??
  • From: "Kevin" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:12:03 -0000

Thanks guys - pretty much confirms my suspicions. After a lot of
pushing th=
ey finally provided a tracking number which is confirmed as being in the
pr=
ocess of being delivered but I don't hold out much hope of it being a
genui=
ne club.

I feel very sorry for him (not just 'cos he's my dad) in that he was
lookin=
g on ebay for a certain club and this site was one of their sponsored
links=
- strongly worded email to ebay then ! At a casual look the site looks ver=
y professional, complete with 'trust us' logo's and promises of great
custo=
mer service.

He's already called the credit card company and has been passed to the
frau=
d department. No idea if they'll do anything as it was under =A3100 (club
p=
lus delivery was =A370) and it's (probably) a fake rather than fraud -
alth=
ough to me it's the same thing.

Cheers
Kevin W

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dave" <dave_mclaughlin@...> wrote:

> Hi Kevin
>=20
> A little more digging I found this and number to call. Seems they have
a =
US site and this one is their new UK prices site.
>=20
> (347) 836-9971 is the number to call and this is the website.
>=20
> http://www.onlinegolf118.com/
>=20
> But digging more finds this.
>=20
> http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.onlinegolf118.com
>=20
> I would get your Dad for sure to get his money back. All info seems to
le=
ad to a scam or fake goods.
>=20
> Dave...
>=20
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kevin" <kw1816@> wrote:
> >
> > Totally OT but just looking for a second opinion ....
> >=20
> > My dad just called to say he's bought a putter from
www.swinghitsite.co=
m which hasn't been delivered. A quick look at the site raised my concerns
=
- no address, no phone number, no ownership details and a quick whois
searc=
h shows the registrant in Ohio, domain only registered in November and the
=
same registrant owns another 144 domains. Price for the putter was way
belo=
w other online retailers.
> >=20
> > All of which to me says fraud.
> >=20
> > The online 'help' is in pidgeon english and gives vague promises
about =
delivery soon but won't provide a tracking number. I've told him to
contact=
his credit card company ASAP.
> >=20
> > Am I being paranoid or does it look barge pole ??
> >=20
> > Cheers=20
> > Kevin W.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums