From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of P=
eter Campion-Bye
Sent: 17 December 2010 17:54
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Creative tablet
=20
=20=20
It's worth holding off buying an Android tablet until Q2 next year when=20
there will be a whole load available running 'gingerbread', the Android=20
v3.0 release which has features specifically designed for tablets.=20
There's no guarantee that if you buy a tablet now you will be able to=20
upgrade it to gingerbread later.

On the second point, I have Android 2.2 running on Jogglers - it's=20
reasonably satisfactory, though the lack of home, back and menu buttons=20
presents a usability issue (you use swipes on the menu bar instead).=20
Also the apps you can run are very limited as any app containing an ARM=20
binary component won't run on the Joggler which needs x86 binaries. All=20
you need to know is in this thread (you can probably skip the first 20=20
pages):
http://www.joggler.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3D35
<http://www.joggler.info=
/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3D35&t=3D815> &t=3D815

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums