Re: [OT] Deleted files....emergency....help needed

Looks like Buffalo Terastations use XFS. Given how awesome XFS, I
wouldn't be surprised if it's also used on their other NAS devices.

There's a guide here http://www.ufsexplorer.com/inf_terastation.php
for
Windows.

It may also be doable in Linux, given that it has native support for
XFS. Also, I've noted that our scratch space Terastation here at work
runs a variant of Linux. You never know, it might be possible to plug
the drives into a Linux box, boot up and discover the FS automatically,
and then simply scan it with the likes of Photorec from the Testdisk suite.

Hope this helps

Kyle

On 15/12/10 11:56, darren_karp2001 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a major problem. I had loads of images on our NAS drive which I
wanted to put on to a blank DVD on my Windows 7 PC. I inserted a blank DVD
and copied and pasted all the files from the network folder. It told me
they were too large to fit on the DVD so I deleted them from the DVD and
pressed the delete temporary files button. For some reason all the files on
the network folder had gone as well!!!!

> I managed to recover quite a lot of them from the recycle bin but
loads are gone.

> Our Buffalo NAS drive cannot be connected directly to the PC via USB.
Can anyone recommend some software that can recover files from a NAS drive?