Re: Half Price Bye Bye Standby Energy Saving Kit is Back.

On 6 December 2010 16:04, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Gareth.
>
> Anyone here using BBSB with HomeSeer?
>
> Paul.

I've got some of the new 2011 lot bought, steering clear of the old lot.
I've also bought an Online Controller which can be used to either control
the units from BBSB's own portal online, or can be controlled via simple
UDP.

I'm getting LinuxMCE installed into a few rooms in the house over Christmas
with a few 7" touch screen Orbiters/Squeezeplay boxes.

So I'll be finding a way to interface the BBSB UDP control method with
LinuxMCE. Not sure whether to code it directly in LinuxMCE or to which an
xAP gateway for it.. then getting LinuxMCE to control the BBSB kit over
xAP.

Obviously that all depends on how demanding the SWMBO is (got married two
months ago, so doubt I'll have time for any of this ha!)

Steve

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums