Re: Re: 1/2" or 15mm

You need something called LSX by Fernox. This is soft setting silicone
joint sealant which is the the DIY'ers best
friend when plumbing. I use a smear on most joints which compress and
haven't had a leak in years.

HTH
Stephen

"Dave McLaughlin" <dave_mclaughlin@...> wrote:
>  >
>  > I can�t see how PTFE tape
will work. This is normally for threaded joints and tapers ones at that.
With an
> olive type seal, putting tape on the threads serves no purpose
whatsoever as fluid or gas will leak past the point on
> the nut that surrounds the pipe.
>  >
>  > If the olive fitting is a reasonable snug fit around the pipe,
be it 15mm or �½ then it will deform enough to seal
> the pipe. If it is very sloppy then it will most likely fail.
>  >
>  > The original poster should obtain some 15mm olives and see how
they fit over the pipe, if the are able to get access
> at this time.
>  >
>  > Dave�
>
> My problem is that I want to be sure that TRVs I purchase can be
successfully installed *before* starting any work on
> the system. This obviously rules out trying olives for size at this
time.

>  >From all replies it seems that the sizes are very close so that
15mm olives should work, but if I lay in a supply of
> 1/2" olives just in case then I should have covered myself.
>
> thanks for the responses,
> Pete

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums