Re: 1/2" or 15mm

  • Subject: Re: 1/2" or 15mm
  • From: "peteshew" <pslists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:59:53 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Robin Edwards <robin@...> wrote:

>   On 04/12/10 12:34, Simon Haslam wrote:
> > I don't know, however it must be a relatively common requirement
so you might find you can get a special olive that fits the 1/2" pipe
that you would put in the joint on your TRV.

> > I suggest you go to a well-stocked plumbers' merchants (City,
Plumbase etc) and see what they say (go when they're least busy so will
have more time for you - late morning or mid afternoon).

> Simon is right, I've used substitute olives to do exactly this.
>
> However, I've also not bothered in a couple of instances and had no
problems.

> robin

Oops, I posted in the wrong group - should have been UK DIY. Response there
was that OD of 1/2"" was within a gnat's whisker of 15mm so the
reason for original problem was probably something else and I should be OK
with standard 15mm TRVs.

thanks for the replies
Pete

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums