From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of P=
aul
Sent: 20 August 2010 09:21
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Thermal store and system boiler

Morning all,

I'm being forced to make a decision on our boiler, Potterton, it has a
desi=
gn fault on the system board that results in the reset button needing to
be=
pressed. It is highly annoying especially in the morning when their is no =
hot water and can take several attempts or even a complete power cycle to
g=
et it to work. The problem is getting worse.

Now I can spend about =A3300 on a replacement board but I can't help
thinki=
ng this is ultimately a waste of money. The boiler is now 10 years old and
=
rated at 75% efficient.

The current hot water and heating is system based and open vent. I'd like
t=
o move to a closed vent system and use a thermal store. In the next few
yea=
rs we'll likely to build an extension to the house and I'd like to include
=
a small solar array for heating water. We'd also like to add a wood chip /
=
log / pellet stove to reduce the reliance of gas and for aesthetic
reasons.=
I'm also likely to use UFH in the new extension and have radiant wall pane=
ls in one room which requires a manifold and mixing valve.

So any recommendations?

Paul