FW: CCTV & Video

  • Subject: FW: CCTV & Video
  • From: "John Nye" <wajcn50@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:56:05 +0100

Just an update:

Thanks for the pointer Tim.

Axis server was a bit out of my league so bought a Vivotek VS3100P Video
server at a third of the price. It's doing everything I wanted!

Next task is to turn the entrance camera on all the time rather than only
when the bell is pressed. Fermax have a technical bulletin that says I need
to supply the 'ct' terminal from '+12' via a diode. No problem with that
except I have no idea what sort of diode I need. I have to place an order
with CPC in the next couple of days and in their catalogue they have pages
of diodes! Could anyone point me to the right one please?

Whilst trawling through the Vivotek site I found a useful publication..
Their 'IP surveillance handbook'

http://www.vivotek.com/products/model.php?video_server=vs3100p
<http://www.vivotek.com/products/model.php?video_server=vs3100p&tab=dl>
&tab=dl