Re: Cloud backup/archiving?

I've not got any physical Windows Server machines anymore and didn't
want to
run anything on the OpenFiler NAS directly (I don't think that there's a
Linux client for JungleDisk anyway?)

The VM is a member server in the domain so has access to any data that I
want to back up over SMB and I wanted to have a dedicated VM for the task
as
it makes admin / support easier (e.g. I can vMotion the VM to another host
if needed).

I went with the Server edition, but can't remember why now - might have
been
to do with the UNC shares?  The one thing that I can't do is physically
view
the files on the JungleDisk web interface which I believe you can do with
the Desktop edition.

Make sure you do some basic sums as the charges model is based not only on
storage space but the amount of "puts" and "gets" that
their client software
does, so it may not be good for data that changes lots.  Their client is
pretty good though in that it is "block" based, so it will only
transfer the
bits (literally!) that have changed in files e.g. a few MB a day in one of
my multi-GB Outlook OST files.

Cheers,

Martyn