Re: Anyone using Global Cache GC-100?

  • Subject: Re: Anyone using Global Cache GC-100?
  • From: "keyvan2r" <k1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 13:05:34 -0000

I know you can use the output from cgx units with xantech:

Global Cache GC-CGX IR Converter Cable, GC-100 to Xantech
This product connects a GC-100 IR output to a Xantech connecting block IR
input, and is ideal for sending GC-100 IR commands into a Xantech IR
distribution system.

The cable/connector is 1.8m (6feet) long and terminated with a 3.5mm stereo
jack plug. Frequencies from 50KHz to 500KHz are supported. Power is not
required.

Can't see why this would not work with the IR itachs?

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@...> wrote:

> Also been looking at irule. Found the thread last night. Will sit down
and read from the beginning.

> Itach also have learning ir built in I think. At $95 the itch is a
good buy. Just need to find out if I can connect The itch output into my
xantech distribution.

> Ben
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 24 Apr 2010, at 13:53, "keyvan2r" <k1@...> wrote:
>

> > I have been looking at a similar solution using irule software:
> >
> > http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/irule/id352230010?mt=8#
> >
> > I have been looking at the posts on irule on the avs forum and it
seems, as pointed out below, the GC100 only supports a single connection
while the itachs support up to 8 connections. In practice this means only
one remote (iphone/touch or ipad) can control the GC100. May be that's why
the 100 is priced close to the itach while it has more ports.
> > The irule thread on AVS forum is a useful source of GC product
performance.

> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Ben McCormack <yahoogroup@> wrote:
> >>
> >> Peter
> >>
> >> Also just seen itach also supports multiple connections. May
be useful in the future

> >> Ben
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPad

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums