From: Tim=20
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: 22 April 2010 13:25
Subject: [ukha_d] Central locking for houses

=20=20=20=20
Hi,

I have a nasty feeling that one of the great unwashed got into my house l=
ast night. Alarm sounded at 2:30AM and when I went to investigate all was
i=
n order except for the smell of stale tobacco smoke in the conservatory -
w=
hen I investigated further one of the doors was unlocked (our fault I
belie=
ve). I think that the scroat must have tried the door, strolled in,
tripped=
the alarm and fled empty handed.=20

This is conjecture because all was exactly as we had left it and the door=
s between the conservatory (no PIR) and the PIR that tripped were closed,
a=
s was the external door - I don't know if when fleeing from a house you
wou=
ld close the doors after you - and had it not been of a suspicion of smoke
=
I'd not have noticed anything and put it down to a false alarm.

This has spooked my wife, so I have been investigating "Central
Locking" =
- it would only have to be deadbolts on external doors - I can't believe
it=
would be a difficult thing to install. Does anyone have it? Know anything =
about it?

TIA

Tim.

=20=20