Re: [OT] Virgin Media Cable BB install

My VM modem has internal IP 192.168.100.1

On 18 April 2010 14:25, Tim <tim@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for the OT post but I'm trying to assist a family member with
setup=
for cable BB - its remote and they are not very IT savvy. =A0It seems that=
there is an IP conflict =A0between the new Netgear cable router and the VM=
STB. =A0I don't know how these systems hang together - does the VM STB hav=
e the gateway IP and the cable router points to this or does the cable
rout=
er act as the gateway./ =A0The Netgear router has some smart setup feature
=
- would it be likely that this would get all the infor from teh STB or
woul=
d some manual stuff be require.

> TBH if someone could let me lknow the internal IP address of their STB
an=
d router I could probably figure it out. =A0The annoying thing is I was
pas=
sing on Friday evening and was told it wasn't convenient for me to drop by
=
to fit it - now I'm stuck trying to sort it from 150 miles away.