Re: Recommended gigabit NAS box?

Hi there!

Hopefully not past the event by too much here but Data Robotics have just
released a NAS box equivalent Drobo Drive.

http://www.datarobotics.com/products/drobo-fs.php

Has a gb ethernet port and 5 bays for drives along with the Drobo beyond
Raid tech to expand on fly as needed.

(no connection etc... just saw this old post and put the two together :)

Wayne.

On 26 Mar 2010, at 09:59, Paul Gale wrote:

> My movies/docs archive is now full (or has been for the last year or
so, but don't want to delete anything more!). It's a RAID5 array on one of
my W2k8 servers. So - I'm wondering whether to upgrade the drives (5 of
them) or go for a separate gigabit NAS box. Maybe only a couple of 2TB
drives in RAID 0.

> So, before doing the sums - can anyone recommend a cost effective,
fast and good NAS box? Absolutely HAS to be gigabit Ethernet capable
though.