RE: [OT] Any VOIP experts on list still?

Thanks Andy - will have a look.

The 57i has some ready made scripts and integration with Asterisk available
to fully program the LCD display for Asterisk - so looking forward to that.

Next step - to get xAP working with Asterisk for the HA integration :)

Paul.

SPA3000 -

<ukha@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Sorry Paul,
> >>
> >> was offline for a bit..
> >>
> >> First up, I've been told that it's a good idea to stay well
away
> from
> >> the Snom M3. Try Siemens Gigaset DECT IP phones. All good
reports on
> >> those. Once the caller id is in asterisk (doesn't matter
where it
> >> came
> >> from) any channel has access to that information. If the ip
phone
> >> supports alert tones then you can change the ring based on
the
> caller
> >> id.
> >>
> >> HTH