Re: [OT] Any VOIP experts on list still?

I'd seriously take a look at the siemens stuff Paul, like these,

http://www.provu.co.uk/siemens.html

They can do 2 voip calls at the same time (as well as a pstn call), so
add more handsets and you end up with a nice wireless system for a
reasonable cost. I've found a quad pack for less than 100 quid for the
Gigaset A580 IP - which doesn't sound too bad, less if you want fewer
handsets. I haven't tested the 580 myself but I did remotely set up
gigaset for a list member - they seem really happy about it and it
works really well.

I really like the look of the aastra phones, and iirc the xml support
is very ciscoesque if not directly compatible.

Andy

wrote:

>> Sorry Paul,
>>
>> was offline for a bit..
>>
>> First up, I've been told that it's a good idea to stay well away
from
>> the Snom M3. Try Siemens Gigaset DECT IP phones. All good reports
on
>> those. Once the caller id is in asterisk (doesn't matter where it
>> came
>> from) any channel has access to that information. If the ip phone
>> supports alert tones then you can change the ring based on the
caller
>> id.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> sorry again for hte delay
>>
>> Andy
>>

>> On 23 Sep 2009, at 19:10, Paul Gale wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Andy,
>>>
>>> Lehane has answered most of my questions off list so far - but
I'm
>>> sure I'll have a few more over the coming days and weeks as I
>>> (hopefully and finally) get asterisk working again :)
>>>
>>> One question still to be answered though - if I have several
>>> analogue lines and a couple of VOIP numbers coming into
Asterisk -
>>> can a DECT IP phone (such as the SNOM M3) clearly display the
>>> incoming line? I'd really want to see this as we run a couple
of
>>> businesses now from the same offices and need to answer with
the
>>> right greeting!
>>>
>>> i.e. a different ring tone and/or graphics/colours on the
handset
>>> screen etc?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Paul.