Re: [OT] Any VOIP experts on list still?

Sorry Paul,

was offline for a bit..

First up, I've been told that it's a good idea to stay well away from
the Snom M3. Try Siemens Gigaset DECT IP phones. All good reports on
those. Once the caller id is in asterisk (doesn't matter where it came
from) any channel has access to that information. If the ip phone
supports alert tones then you can change the ring based on the caller
id.

HTH

sorry again for hte delay

Andy

On 23 Sep 2009, at 19:10, Paul Gale wrote:

> Thanks Andy,
>
> Lehane has answered most of my questions off list so far - but I'm
> sure I'll have a few more over the coming days and weeks as I
> (hopefully and finally) get asterisk working again :)
>
> One question still to be answered though - if I have several
> analogue lines and a couple of VOIP numbers coming into Asterisk -
> can a DECT IP phone (such as the SNOM M3) clearly display the
> incoming line? I'd really want to see this as we run a couple of
> businesses now from the same offices and need to answer with the
> right greeting!
>
> i.e. a different ring tone and/or graphics/colours on the handset
> screen etc?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

'virtual'