Re: XBMC on PPC Mini-Mac to a Bravia TV

  • Subject: Re: XBMC on PPC Mini-Mac to a Bravia TV
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:03:57 -0000

> Does XBMC run on a PPC Mac Mini? I thought it needed the Intel
processor for
> that?

Seems to run ok on the ppc version, and looks quite good. Problem is with a
1080p display the dvd playback is struggling a bit. Would definetely need a
more powerful PC (especially as i'll eventually be ripping blu-rays). But
ok for playing with.

> You'll find that you can convert DVI to HDMI easily but you won't get
audio
> to your TV as the DVI connector does not have any audio facilities...

Yeah, will need a device to merge the sound and video as the tv won't let
me use seperate audio input with an hdmi input. Have plugged a pair of
speakers into my usb audio adapter for testing

Re iphone rant ;-)

Personally i like to have the option (i.e. i have a sonos controller but
use an iphone or itouch more than the controller). Just find it convenient.

Ideally i'd like to be able to make use of sony hdmi control so i can use
the tv remote, but that's unlikely to be supported i guess. Alternatively
an IR remote would do as i have an ir receiver hidden behind the tv

Thanks
Tony