Re: XBMC on PPC Mini-Mac to a Bravia TV

  • Subject: Re: XBMC on PPC Mini-Mac to a Bravia TV
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:53:01 -0000

Just found i had a couple of adapters to convert the mini-mac to hdmi,
don't know where they came from!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tony" <tony@...> wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked before.
>
> Have got fed up with my popcorn hour so would like to give XBMC a go
>
> I currently only have a late build ppc mini-mac to play with, but it
seems to play my iso's ok, and i'm not currently interested in a tv tuner
or anything like that. Just iso's and a few mpeg etc videos. I do have a
digital usb sound card for it if needed though.

> Basically i'd like to connect it up to my Bravia TV but this only has
mini hdmi connectors (don't want to use vga as i need to pass the cable
thru the wall) but I don't know what i need to get the picture/sound from
the mini-mac to the tv. Any thoughts please?

> Also there's the issue of controlling it. I guess i could use a BT
mouse but would prefer to use an iphone if possible? or a remote.

> Until i'm happy with it I don't want to spend much on trying it out
really, but happy to spend more if i like it to get more out of it.