Re: genuine vs generic batteries

I can do them for less than =A314 but not practical for one battery.
Unless you have a trip my way (A40 west London) and can collect.
Or buying something else from me?   UPSs, Masterswitches, Network Cards,
Ba=
tteries.
Regards
Andy the UPS Man
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@...>
wrote:

> Hi Andy.
>=20
> Yeah, it's just one that I need, - I guess there's not much point in
buyi=
ng
> a 2nd at the same time in readiness for when this one also dies in 3-5
> years, - presumably there's a shelf-life involved that would make that
a =
bit
> pointless....
>=20
> I'll probably just order one up from the link someone sent earlier...
it =
was
> only =A314 or so (plus P&P)
>=20
> Cheers.
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
>=20

panel, sin=
ce
> it's now started to give a low battery warning...
> >=20
> > Looking around, I see I can get a genuine Yuasa replacement (same
as is
> currently fitted) for circa =A334, or I can get a generic RS
components
> compatible one for circa =A314
> >=20
> > One obviously immediately starts to think "you get what you
pay for" - =
or
> my other maxim: "To buy cheap is to buy twice" - but even
buying twice of
> the RS one would still be a considerable saving!
> >=20
> > So, has anyone got direct personal experience of the RS
batteries? - ar=
> they "less than half as good" as a Yuasa one? - is it
*really* worth payi=
ng
> well over double the price for a Yuasa one, or am I really just paying
fo=