Re: genuine vs generic batteries

I've got SLA batteries in stock.  From 7Ah to 100Ah
Though I have a minimum order value of approx =A325 (unless collecting).
Is it just one 12v 7Ah?
Andy the UPS Man

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@...> wrote:

> I need to replace the sealed lead-acid battery in my Comfort panel,
since=
it's now started to give a low battery warning...
>=20
> Looking around, I see I can get a genuine Yuasa replacement (same as
is c=
urrently fitted) for circa =A334, or I can get a generic RS components
comp=
atible one for circa =A314
>=20
> One obviously immediately starts to think "you get what you pay
for" - or=
my other maxim: "To buy cheap is to buy twice" - but even buying
twice of =
the RS one would still be a considerable saving!
>=20
> So, has anyone got direct personal experience of the RS batteries? -
are =
they "less than half as good" as a Yuasa one? - is it *really*
worth paying=
well over double the price for a Yuasa one, or am I really just paying for=
the name?
>=20
> These are the items in question:
> RS own-brand:    http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.ht=