Re: Geovision software (and Dongle wanted)

  • Subject: Re: Geovision software (and Dongle wanted)
  • From: Simon Pawson <simonp.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:38:05 +0100

There are downloads on either the Geovision or the EZCCTV site back to
V6.05. I've various flavours of software around that age as I'm stuck in a
time warp. For instance from correspondence with GV support.

"V6.0.5.0 (file size: 111,731KB)
www.geovision.com.tw/technical/v6050/v6050_en.zip  "

I'll explain: -

I may be stuck on that level as they don't do dongles any more for V7 and
my card won't support V8.

I have a G650 card in a window XP SP1 machine that has been running
continuously for nearly 5 years. I tried to upgrade to SP2 once but
something broke and it automatically aborted the upgrade and went back
to SP1.  I left it alone on the if it isn't broken why fix it strategy.

One of the HDs that the recordings on has failed, the other is making
strange noises. They were top of the range 120Gb ones when I built it. I
was going to rebuild it and have tried to get a dongle for V7 off Geovision
but they don't do them anymore.

Anyone got a dongle they don't need or know of a source?

Thanks,

Simon