Re: Building a RAID enclosure - Problem sourcing a part

  • Subject: Re: Building a RAID enclosure - Problem sourcing a part
  • From: "noughtomate" <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:24:40 -0000

Errr... .Yes. Just that.

I found a picture of one. This is an internal photograph of my  existing
enclosure (which isn't rack mount friendly, hence why I want to build my
own new one).

Check out : http://www.ibertronica.es/Silverstone/products/ds351/inside.jpg

or

http://tinyurl.com/p5z4q9

At the bottom left is the Power Supply.
At the bottom tight is the RAID controller.
Just above the Power supply is the dinky-mobo which provides the power  to
the Power Supply and LEDs. It is this part I'm after.

The cables going to / from the board are as follows :
- Blue & White cable : LED for Power
- Black & Red cables : Power for RAID card and can be daisy chained to
power all other HDD's
- Multicolured Cable : Power from PSU

Again... Any one know where I can source one of these boards ?

Cheers

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Des Gibbons" <des@...> wrote:

> What is it, just a convertor from 24 pin ATX to molex with an led?
>
> Is that all it does?
>
> Cheers, Des.

Commell,
> > Advantech, ibase
> > > are some of the manufacturers that spring to mind.
> > >
> > > The boards generally aren't cheap but they do turn up on
ebay from
> > > time to time e.g http://bit.ly/L4yEM http://bit.ly/UvbWL
> > >
> > > Not sure how many have PCI Express slots
> > >
> > > Andy

> > decided to try

> > (DS351) but

> > however I'm