Re: Re: Building a RAID enclosure - Problem sourcing a part

2009/9/14 noughtomate <balraj_jassal@xxxxxxx>:
> Thanks for the PM's and response.
>
> The board I've seen in my existing RAID enclosure is even smaller than
the one given in the Ebay links.

> It's tiny... Literally it only supports a 20/24 pin ATX power
connector, 1 x Molex connector for power and 1 for LED.

> The one's shown on the Ebay links seem to support Processors and may
be a PCI slot. The type I'm seeking doesn't even need this.

> Wish I knew the name for one of these!!!

I think it's a port multiplier - though it looks like the DS351 one
has some sort of RAID controller on it as well.

Cheers,

Colin.