Re: Mac mini ram upgrades - anyone tried it?

  • Subject: Re: Mac mini ram upgrades - anyone tried it?
  • From: "i_lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 03:42:19 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kenneth Watt <kwatt@...> wrote:

> I've never come across this issue and not come across anyone that has
=
=20
> either, it's the first I've heard on it Ian.
>=20
> K.

I can see how you wouldn't have encountered it on your own machines if you
=
have been using Macs for about 3 years and Mark said about 5 years, so
that=
's more recent too.
=20
The bad one which left people with non working machines was in 2001.

I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it though... this stuff is all
over=
the internets, with some of the most vocal complaints being on pretty well=
respected mac sites.

anyhoo, the basic message is the same - if the cost of an upgrade is only =
=A325, on an upgrade that's even a little tricky let someone else wear the
=
risk...

especially if they give a warranty. :)