Re: Re: Mac mini ram upgrades - anyone tried it?

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM, i_lowe <ianlowe@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "noel_pilot" <noel@...>
wrote:apple have
> twice now (once in 2001 - <http://lowendmac.com/musings/foot.html>,
and
> again in 2007 <http://support.apple.com/kb/TA26424?viewlocale=en_US>)
> released firmware updates that disables RAM that isn't 'compatible'

Thanks Ian.  For balance - I've upgraded my Macs RAM myself using third
party memory for the last 5 years without issue.  In that time I've done a
G4 mini, an Intel iMac and two intel MacBooks.  In each case I've used
crucial.com/uk to get the RAM.

M.