Re: RFID

Just a thought, but if your cars have bluetooth car kits you may be
able to use these for presence detection. Once initially paired, my
phone will associate with either car when the car is running and in
range.

There are downsides though - you'll only get a one-shot activation and
won't be able to tell whether a car was arriving or leaving (and so
would need to track that in s/w) but it could be another option (xAP
Blue covers bluetooth presence detection, IIRC).

HTH,

Tim.