RE: Calling Keith, Calling Keith.. Come in Keith !!

Hi Marc

Nope :(

You would get a black and white picture as the Composite Video would be
sent
into the Luma pin of the S-Video connector

There "may" be some colour there *IF* the S-video lead is poor
quality due
to bleedthrough between the Luma and Chroma signals

You can make a simple Composite to S-Video converter by feeding the
Composite directly into the Luma pin and then feeding the same signal
through a 100 ohm resistor in series with a 100nF capacitor then into the
chroma pin. Wont be perfect but will give a reasonable picture.

Are the camaras on the Geovision colour or B&W ?

If they are B&W then just feed the composite straight into the Luma pin
of
the S-Video connector using KAT5 as you described ;)

Also if the KAT5 RX is a Mk2 or Mk3 unit contact me directly as there is a
way to make it do the conversion for you :)

HTH

Keith