RE: Changing the colour of white LED's

Depends on the fitting. You could always try some high temperature
colour filter gel (lighting filter) - it's sold in quite large sheets from
professional lighting and theatre supply companies etc.

To change the colour of very blue light, you'd need something like a CTO or
CTS and 1/2 1/4 or 1/8 depending on the colour temp of the LED 's -
probably a bit of trial and error involved.

http://www.rosco.com/uk/filters/cinegel.asp

There are other manufacturers too although Rosco are one of the main
manufacturers.

Gels do tend to warp and fade a bit over time when heated to high temps.

I have seen glass filters for halogen lighting fixtures but whether they
would work in your case depends on the design of your fixture. You wouldn't
want to use something (or any kind of fixing) that's flammable of course.
Glass filters can also be fairly expensive.

Another thing to bear in mind is that any filter will cause a reasonable to
fair bit of light loss - the stronger the filter, the more light
attenuation or loss.

Paul.