Re: More essential crap you didn't know you needed...

  • Subject: Re: More essential crap you didn't know you needed...
  • From: "i_lowe" <ianlowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:35:45 -0000

I like Dyson and his products.

I own a dyson 'animal' - it is significantly better than any other vacuum
cleaner I have ever owned. not a little bit better, a BIG bit better.

I saw the fan, and it is elegant, clean and spectacularly well designed. it
would be an excellent addition to a nicely designed minimalist room.

Here's the thing I don't get. How is this any different from Crestron?
Sonos? C-Bus?

Price is not the be all and end all.

People buy the macbook air, because it is absolutely beautifully designed.
look at the thing. it oozes sexiness. I have made my feelings on apple
clear, and yet I can't walk past a macbook air without drooling.

It does not one single thing that the cheaper mac books don't, but people
buy it - because it looks great and is a novel design.

Dyson has designed a beautiful fan, and is charging a premium price for it.

More power to him!

I.