From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Tracey Gardner
Sent: Monday, 12 October 2009 6:08 a.m.
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: [OT] Low voltage kitchen lighting

Hello Tim

They are not a transformer in the strictest sense of the word.
They are really a switched mode power supply that converts 230v AC down to
12volts DC.
The only problem, from my hobby point of view, is that they tend to
generate

loads of radio interference.
I deliberately bought what I would call proper transformers for my lights.