From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of P=
ete Church
Sent: 06 October 2009 08:06
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Krone blocks, alarm cable, cat5, etc etc

Lee

=20

I too am in this situation and actually have a "Comfort connector
block" on
my long list of things to research and buy.  Looking at the Krone blocks
they seem like quite the thing, although I would say that the 237D may be
overkill for Comfort.  Unless I've misinterpreted the notes it sounds like
the 237D has capability for 39 terminals with each terminal being able to
cope with 2 wires - so 78 wires!  Now I'm sure the power supply in Comfort
will not be able to handle that many accessories, and Lee I didn't realise
you had built Buckingham Palace!

=20

I'm thinking of the 237A which has "through capacity for 20
pairs" i.e. 20
wires each side each commoned through to their terminal opposite.  Again
these can handle 2 wires per terminal meaning four wires per through pair.
If you start thinking about commoning these up with a fly wire looping
through adjacent terminals you could create your own 237D, but split it
int=
two (say +12V and 0V).  Each pair of terminals would be able to take 3
incoming wires (you lose one for the flywire) so each half of the block
would be able to handle 3x10 incoming wires, which sounds a lot more like a
Comfort installation.  If you've got less wires you could even avoid
doubling up wires in terminals.

=20

Other benefit is that a 237A is =A34 whereas a pair of 237D are
=A329.=20=20

=20

I'm about to order a couple.

=20