[OT] Whs Connector problem

  • Subject: [OT] Whs Connector problem
  • From: "Tim" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:06:13 -0000

Hi,

I know a bunch of you have WHS - I have a problem.  I bought my daughter an
Asus Eeepc from the spec sheet.  It said it had 12Gb SSD which I figured
would be enough - trouble is that its cut into 4 and 8 gb partitions with
XP home on the smaller partition (go figure).  After a vanilla install of
XP home and updates etc. the 4gb partition is full and it's useless.  I
have created a trimmed version of XP using nlite and have ended up with an
xp install that is 600Mb in size which is much better.

Trouble is I now can't get the WHS connector to install.  I think I have
trimmed the RDP bits out of XP Home and can't get them back.  Ideally I
don't want to go through the whole XP build again (I wouldn't know which
bit to reinstigate anyway) and when I try and install the M$ RDP it tells
me the service pack already has this installed and its not necessary - any
ideas?

Tim.

ps Conversely, anyone want to buy an Eeepc so I can get one with a decent
sized hard drive.

pps please don't tell me that Linux would be better as I'm close to a total
and catastrophic sense of humour failure on this....