Re: VM Recomendations

I didn't think any of them apssed through serial reports but then I
could be wrong and confusing it with the fact that Idratek won't work with
a virtual serial port.

I think all VM's can pass-through HDD as RAW to the virtual machine
certianly ESX and Hyper-V do.

As for USB I'm sure Hyper-V can and ESX can't but then I don't tend to play
with this stuff everyday.

At home I have a Quad core with 6GB of RAM which is using W2K8R2 64bit
allowing me to run Tversity and GB-PVR. The later then gets to access a
couple of PCI and Firewire satellite tuners. Then I run Hyper-V on top with
a number of guests for learning new products i.e. Exchange 2010, Sharepoint
2010, WHS, Ubuntu. I always have one guest running which is a domain
controller for my AD Forest and ensures I have a backup of AD. I think I've
managed to run 5 machines at once. Not doing anything spectacular but more
than usable.

HTH

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Pauls Hotmail" <paul_gordon@...>
wrote:

> I think *all* of the hypervisors do have serial support, but not all
have
> USB. From recollection, I'm fairly sure that ESXi doesn't pass through
USB
> to guests. VMware workstation does (but that's not free), can't
remember if
> VMware server (which is free) does or not...
>
> From recollection, I think they all support raw drive mappings for the
> storage, as well as virtual hard disk files...
>
> P.

Atom for