Re: TV Coax - Losses and recommendations

It depends on what the "TV coax" is, and how easy it is to
replace if
it doesn't work properly...
As Jim suggests, you really want CT100 grade.

See:
<http://www.radioinc.com/oscmax/catalog/images/Coax-cable.jpg>
If it's the bottom one I'd be concerned, but I wouldn't be worried
about any of the other three.

Top one looks to be CT100 air spaced, no.2 - CT100 foam filled (good
for outside runs as the rain can't get in, run down the air space and
fill up the telly...), no.3 - CT100 but with an aluminium foil shield,
no.4  - cheap as chips old skool "aerial lead". Nasty stuff...

I've got a mixture of #1 & #3 with runs up to 40m. My problem isn't
cable it's trees masking my sat dish. I've not had many problems
though, apart from last weekend in the gales.

Freeview reception is equally good (over similar cables) and only
limited by the old analogue aerial...

HTH,

Tim.

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:34 PM, Jim Noble
<yahoo-groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> darren_karp2001 wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Can anyone tell me if I use a 7m length of TV coax if that's too
long as it may degrade the signal especially for things like FreeView?
Also, are there any specific qualities in coax I should look out for when
using this kind of length?