Setting code for LM15 - any pointers ?

  • Subject: Setting code for LM15 - any pointers ?
  • From: "alanmiddleton74" <yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 18:35:12 -0000

Hello,

I'm setting up a number of LM15 X10 lamp holders and trying to assign the
X10 code they respond to.

They have all been used in the past so aren't 'switched off' when initially
plugged in.

I've tried the documented process of switching off the light they are
plugged into, waiting a few seconds and switching it on (light is on to
start with) and then sending required on code 3 or 4 times from a MT10U and
they don't 'take' and start responding to the off code.

I have successfully set up some new units using this process and it's
worked so I'm fairly comfortable that there isn't noise getting in the way.

Is there any pointers to make the used one work, perhaps some sort of
'reset'?

The used ones all used to work (as reliably as x10 does) before and have
lived in a box since originally being decommissioned, that said is there
any way to test them except for programming them :) ?

Thanks in advance,

Alan