Another rotten Apple??

Follow up on my previous questions re Sonos and driving a pair of iPod
type headphones, I concluded that a zone player (S5??) just to do this was
an expensive luxury especially when I realised iPod touch has WiFi. I can
buy an iPod touch and stream our music library, stream internet radio and
stream Last.fm I thought.
I asked in PC World (wanabe teccies) "DON'T KNOW", and Currys (PC
World rejects). "DON'T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION try a call to Apple
Store in Southampton.
Tried that..can't actually speak to a person in a shop. Eventually got
someone in Technical Sales goodness knows where. Definitely NO she said.
Why? I asked. She talked to a colleague. Definitely YES she said. Which
answer is correct, I asked."DON'T KNOW"
Tried Google (again...I had looked there first). Still no wiser. Aaaaargh!
Seems like we Grumpy Old B*st*rds must stick together.
Does anyone on the list have direct experience of WiFi streaming internet
radio, Last.fm and MP3 files from a network database to an iPod touch?
Is software /an App required, if so what and what does it cost.
Need to know so I can compare Apples with Apples (sorry!!)
Thnx
Peter