On my sh*t list this weekend...

  • Subject: On my sh*t list this weekend...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 20:47:31 -0000

...are Apple once more =96 this time for not telling me that I can
only
deactivate all the machines on my iTunes account once per year when I go to
do it a second time. Their customer service guys were so helpful in
explaining to me that all I needed to do was go to the machines that were
previously registered on my iTunes account and choose =93Store=94 ->
=93De-Authorise Computer=94 ... hmmm ... thanks ... I hadn=92t thought of
t=
hat,
how stupid of me. Now thankyou Mr Apple support person for that wonderful
nugget of information but would you now tell me how I can do that on the
machines that I recently blanked off and rebuilt with Windows 7 ... no
idea=
?
Oh, I should have done it before I reformatted them should I? Where does it
tell me that I should do that and can=92t use the =93Deauthorise all
comput=
ers=94
option only once per year? Oh it doesn=92t? No ... I didn=92t think it did
=
Grr!

=20

Joining them are O2 =96 I popped an O2 =93Pay as you Go=94 SIM into a
=93sp=
are=94
iPhone 3GS that I just happened to have laying around, whacked =A315 onto
i=
on Thursday and eagerly awaited my =93unlimited=94 texts and internet ...
w=
as
out in Gosport today (away from my usual WiFi access points) and thought I=
=92d
check my email ... hmmm ... =93You are not subscribed to a cellular data
service=94 ... OK =96 just tried to phone their customer support line.
=93T=
his
call will cost you 25p from your O2 phone, press =9155=92 to accept and
continue=94 =96 OK, 25p isn=92t bad for a support call I guess ... would
ha=
ve
expected it to be a free number really but if it=92s a fixed 25p that=92s
n=
ot
bad. Keyed in =9355=94 to be told =93Our support hours are between ...
plea=
se call
back during those hours. *CLICK*=94 Hmmm .. thankyou O2 ... and they bloody
charged me 25p for that!

=20

Yes =96 I=92m turning into a grumpy old b*st*rd... :-D

=20

On the other hand I=92ve been playing with an *AWESOME* DAC this weekend =
=96
never heard my system sound so good...

=20

Phil