Re: Local audio weather forecasts

So - the solution I came up with was to parse the BBC RSS local
weather feed
with a perl script, and then 'translate' this into a weather report which I
use my mac to read out to me when I come downstairs. Since I know the
'translation' - e.g. 'very windy' means it is >15mph winds, 'brass
monkeys'
means it froze to -5 overnight and the like, it actually works quite well
(for me).

There used to be a great 1min audio news stream available from the BBC, but
the link stopped working a few months ago and I haven't found where it went
(despite searching).

T.

2009/11/10 noel <noel@xxxxxxx>

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know any online sources of short local weather forecasts
that
> can either be streamed or downloaded on a daily basis?
>
> I've got the beginnings of automated music/sound being played when I
get
> up, move around, in the shower etc and weather/news is something I'd
quite
> like to have first thing in the morning.
>
> Have googled but not finding a lot.
>
> Thanks
>
> Noel

Tim Ramsdale.